background

Friday, April 12, 2019

Frugal Friday File 2019, week 15...

Successes:
1.  I have been planning a trip to Ikea for awhile to get some Alex drawers to replace my current unsatisfactory desk set up in the home office, as well as another Kallax shelf to use with my current one to make a fabric-cutting table.  This week I made a rare log in to Facebook, and chanced upon a listing of a community member selling Alex drawers and a Kallax shelf unit...exactly what was on my shopping list!  The prices were much lower than I would pay for new (though they look brand new with no noticeable wear)--and bonus, no trip to the city required or walking around Ikea for hours--and the assembly is already done!  :)  Very happy!  

2.  Kasey donated a whole day of working in my craft room/office.  She worked SO hard, and made me work hard too.  :)  She got more done than a professional organizer would have done in the same time.

3.  Carey picked up an extra day of work when a co-worker couldn't make it to work...all at overtime pay...yeehaw! 

4.  Wednesday night there was no water pressure to the house.  Carey was out of town, so Thursday Beau came over and got it working again.  I think it had something to do with the pump at the well.  I have the best son-in-law in the world, and he works for free.  :)

5.  I downloaded some library books for Carey to his Kindle.  

Saturday:  naan, turkey, hummus, cucumber, tomatoes
Sunday:  Sunday family supper at Kasey & Beau's
Monday:  *Chinese
Tuesday:  *burger
Wednesday:  big lunch, skipped dinner
Thursday:  scrambled eggs & toast
Friday:  bacon & eggs w/ toast

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)

2 comments:

  1. I am missing out, I don't know what those two things are. Send a picture and fill me in.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails