background

Friday, March 31, 2017

Frugal Friday File 2017, week 13...


Successes:
1.  Picked up a day of work Tuesday covering for someone out sick.

2.  Taxes done, refund coming.

3.  Last weekend I thought my phone was on its last legs.  I was able to save all photos to 'the cloud' and manually saved all my contacts...just in case.  It seems to be okay for the time being.  I'm happy to continue using it until it is unusable.

4.  I brewed tea for iced tea.  

5.  I used the free Prime 2-day shipping to send a gift directly from Amazon to a friend at her home in another state.  The annual fee for Prime isn't cheap, but living a fair distance from shopping, I feel the cost of the annual fee is reasonable as it saves gasoline and mileage on my car, and in this case it saved me the postage I would have spent if I bought locally and mailed to her myself.  To make sure I get the most for my Prime-annual-fee money I try to take full advantage of the other advantages Prime includes.  This week I enjoyed watching A Man Called Ove for free on Amazon Prime Video, and I've been listening to free Prime Music too.  Oh, and I almost forgot that this week I took advantage of another service included with Prime membership...Prime Photos.  All of the photos I saved off of my phone (when it was acting up last weekend) went to the unlimited photo storage in 'the cloud' included with Prime membership.  

Sorry if this sounded a bit like a commercial.  I receive no compensation for my opinion.  It's just that sometimes I have to remind myself to use the 'extras' that come with Prime, and I thought they might help someone else too.  And if you don't have Prime, it's possible you have other annual memberships that have advantages you may not know about or just forget to use.  Check them out.

Keep Tryings:  Thursday we were going to be near a favorite restaurant that we haven't been to in years, so we planned our errand to put us by there for an early dinner.  I've gotten out of the habit of ordering tea when eating meals out, but for some reason I did this time...$2.39 for one glass of tea.  Of course Carey ordered tea also, so 2 glasses of tea plus tax made it $5.16...and then we tipped 20% on top of that, so just the two glasses of tea added $6.20 to our bill.  A good reminder:  have tea at home and water at restaurants.  (See #4 above)

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  leftovers
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  *barbecue
Tuesday:  leftovers
Wednesday:  Greek Pasta Salad
Thursday:  *fish
Friday:  leftovers for him, egg on toast for me

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. My #2 Taxes Done, Pay IRS. grrrr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s really unpleasant. Sorry I was a reminder.

      Delete
  2. Love the Amazon Prime comments. The purple hulled popcorn is great. Glad I helped you be frugal. What an honor. I will try to Prime Photo trick. Sounds like a great idea to declutter my phone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it, k2. And glad to have keyed you in to the Prime Photo. It seems easy to navigate.

      Delete
  3. Trying to fix my blog comments going to email problem. Did this come through to your email?

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails