1. I cooked at home this week even when I didn't want to. Let's hope that last week's backsliding was an anomaly. I did, however, pick up sandwiches after work today, because the branch I was in is near a sandwich shop that Carey really likes. I planned ahead for this and we had our Irish meal last night instead of tonight. I took some leftovers for lunch today.
2. The dishwasher has been acting up lately. I haven't used it for a week or so while Carey was gone. I did do some online research into what the problem might be. Now that he's home, Carey has been running test cycles trying to diagnose the issue, and he thinks it is probably the one I guessed after my online searches. Hopefully we can get by with ordering a part that he can install. Keeping a handy hubby around is very frugal.
3. I got a call yesterday from a branch booking me to work two additional days next week (I was already booked for one, so now it's three). I'm hoping for quiet days, as I just found out there have been some changes requiring new training to complete online. Yippee...my favorite thing...not.
4. I got a magazine article idea approved for the summer issue. It's a how-to, and I'm really looking forward to the process, documentation, and seeing the article in print...and the paycheck. :)
5. I have enough moisturizer left for about one more use. I was running errands the other day, and I started to go buy more. Then I realized that I have a couple of moisturizers at home that I just don't use for one reason or another. I decided I should at least give them another try, and, unless I absolutely hate them, they should be used before I buy more.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: steak, baked potatoes, salad
Monday: Enchilada Soup
Tuesday: Taco Salad
Wednesday: sausage gravy over baked potatoes, broccoli
Thursday: Dublin Coddle with Kale
Friday: *Schlotzky sandwiches
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)