1. Menu planned and shopped while I had a chauffeur. Prepped quite a bit for future meals and stored in freezer.
2. Last weekend we had a hard freeze while Carey was out of town. Sunday morning the house had just a trickle of water at the taps, so I assumed we had some frozen pipes. At the end of the day, when we still had no water, I mentioned it to son-in-law. He had everything up and running in short order and wouldn't accept reimbursement for the part he purchased. It was a coincidental issue with well's water pump rather than frozen pipes. No damage to pipes, no bill for repairs.
3. Weather has warmed, windows open, heat off.
4. Haven't gotten a haircut, but I'm really wishing it was short again. Just for fun I Googled how much it would be worth if I sold it...approximately $115. :)
5. Still making do with one car.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday dinner at Kasey's
Tuesday: smothered pork chops, rice, green beans
Wednesday: Mexican Cornbread
Thursday: beef stew (because you mentioned it Sylvia!)
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)