1. Reserved recently-released Season 2 of Outlander from the library instead of paying to watch on Amazon. I haven't received it yet, but I'm #1 in line.
2. The shortage on Carey's last pay check was a clerical error, which--after calling to alert them to the error--was deposited in our bank account within a few days.
3. Making progress with Rudy's house training, which means that we are using many, many fewer paper towels and plastic poo bags.
4. Bathed Rudy myself saving grooming fees and tucked him into his new frugal bed in his spiffy clean kennel. He seems to like the bed, and no damage to it as yet. :)
5. Met a former coworker for lunch in the town I used to work in...ordered water with my meal. Then, as we are both big fans of books and libraries, she took me to tour the newly-built library there. We spent an enjoyable afternoon in one of their seating areas catching up on each others' lives.
The car needed repairs that Carey couldn't do at home. There were two issues that needed repair, and we opted to have them done in stages since one was more of an inconvenience than a danger. First stage cost: $300. While it was in the shop, an employee was moving the car and damaged the back bumper. The shop owner was very apologetic, and is handling and paying for the damage repair.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: potato soup
Sunday: Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday: sandwiches at home
Tuesday: smothered pork chops, rice, broccoli
Thursday: fried rice
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)