1. Signed up for the 30-day free trial of Kindle Unlimited. Enjoying reading the first free book. Put a note on my screen saver to cancel by 12/8.
2. True confession: I really like Rice-a-Roni. I found a recipe for a DIY version on Fabulessly Frugal, and it was great. It makes the chicken flavor, but I adapted it to also make the Spanish Rice flavor (to which I add ground beef, diced tomatoes, and cheese to make a one-skillet meal).
3. Mild weather means a low electricity bill this month.
4. Staying home mostly, trying to combine trips when need to drive.
5. Received pay for another article and photos.
Some days all the effort just doesn't seem worth it. One step forward; two steps back. Carey is on vacation right now, for which we are doing absolutely nothing but staying home. Today his paycheck was deposited to the bank, and it was $400 less than normal. Gggrrrrr.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday dinner at Kasey's
Monday: Grilled steaks and baked potatoes
Tuesday: Spanish rice
Thursday: I had bacon and egg sandwich, *husband &son went out
Friday: roast beef with roasted winter vegetables
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)