background

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

What I'm reading Wednesday...

A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman

I put this one on What I'm Reading Wednesday last week.  I finished it this morning.  I took it with me to the quilt retreat, and snuck away for a little reading time now and then.  OH, HOW I LOVE THIS BOOK!  A big thank you goes to Peggy at A Primitive Plot for recommending it to me.  I will definitely be looking for other books by this author in the future.  I believe this was his first one, and I even loved the acknowledgments...one of the sweetest tributes to a parent I can imagine.

I guess I will now start my other library book blogged about last week.  Probably good that it sounds to be totally different from this one.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I have had this book recommended to me as well, I hope to read it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you too loved ove. My daughter is reading it now. I think it's always going to be with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, so, SO glad you recommended it, Peggy! One of my all-time favorites.

      Delete
  3. My library has it. I'm going to give it a try as soon as it's available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you'll like it. I just found out today that he has two others out. Library has both ebooks, so I got on the waiting list for them. They sound good too.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails