1. Paid grandson to puppy sit at our home while I was gone for four days. He loves dogs, and took great care of Rudy. I paid him a pretty fair daily fee, because he had to clean up after a puppy, after all, and he kept training and feeding consistent.
2. I don't think I've spent any money this week other than puppy sitting...thinking...thinking... I have pretty much been staying home since returning from retreat. I did pick up an ice tea last night on my way to the airport to pick up Kasey. Oh, I bought takeout for dinner on Wednesday. But as far as buying a 'thing,' I think the closest I have come is placing a board game in my Amazon 'cart' which I am considering buying for our Sunday night after-dinner games...haven't made a final decision on it yet.
3. Making use of the library this week. Finished my borrowed actual book. Started my borrowed ebook. Picked up books for the kids that Kasey had reserved before going out of town...delivered to kids at noon on Wednesday...Diego texted me at 5:54 that he had finished his already. Love that kid!
4. Made tuna casserole last night for supper. One of those meals that I almost always have everything in the pantry and can throw it together in a blink.
5. Carey just left to donate blood, and will probably come home with another free t-shirt. I think I will make homemade pizza for dinner tonight since all ingredients are on hand. And I scheduled two days of work for next week.
I forgot to turn the ceiling fan off in my bedroom when I left for retreat. Fan ran needlessly for four days. Sshhhhhh...don't tell Carey.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: retreat eats
Sunday: retreat eats
Monday: retreat eats
Tuesday: retreat eats
Thursday: tuna casserole
Friday: homemade pizza
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)