background

Monday, June 6, 2016

Making it Monday...

Today was quilting day at the library again.  We take the summers off, so today was our last sewing day for awhile...well, until we go to our quilt retreat in August.  I feel really blessed to have found this group of ladies.  I enjoy their company so much, and it's so nice to have advice and feedback nearby when a project stumps me.

We meet the first Monday of each month (except for the summer months) from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.  There were only five of us attending today.  Usually we have anywhere from four to eight.  By the time I remembered to snap some photos, we were down a couple of attendees who had to leave right after lunch, so the room looks really empty.

This is my favorite room that we gather in.  It's large, with lots of room to spread out, but we can all see each other to converse or show and tell.  For the last few months we've been having to use one of the smaller rooms in the main part of the library, and it is not nearly as comfortable or as private...and we've actually been shushed a time or two.  :)  The room we were in today is also right next to the kitchen, so since we were able to have access today, we had a potluck lunch as well.  

I couldn't get in the groove to prepare a project for today, so I just took a jelly roll with me to work on a Jelly Roll Race 2.  You can see my big pile of strips yet to be sewn together at my feet.  The jelly roll was all blacks and whites.  I added little splashes of blue from some solid fabric I had on hand.  It's reading more blue here, but it's really more of a turquoise.

Maybe I'll finish assembly tomorrow.

Edit:  I got all the strips assembled Tuesday.  I haven't pressed it yet, but thought I'd add a photo anyway.  


Our library is absolutely fabulous, both the facility and the programs.  They even have a Pinterest account.  And there is further expansion in the works.  

Our quilting group recently made a quilt to donate to the library as a fundraiser.  It was made with all Downton Abbey inspired fabrics.  The photo below doesn't do it justice.
It is being displayed in the library until the drawing.  I hope it brings in lots of ticket-sale proceeds.  That reminds me that I meant to buy some today while I was there.  Grrrr.  The raffle drawing is on December 1, so I still have lots of visits before then.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I think your quilt top is delightful. Even with the strip method it is a lot of work and money that goes into a quilt. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, but it's kind of an instant gratification too! :)

      Delete
  2. Getting together to sew/quilt with a group is always more fun than doing it alone... Looks like a great set-up you have there at the library! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is isn't it. And at home I can always think of something else I should do first.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails