This has felt like a very wasteful week. Though I really haven't been anywhere or spent much money, I have wasted a lot of time doing absolutely nothing. And this at a time when there is so much to get done around here.
1. I needed a canvas for an art project. I chose one of those cheesy wine-and-art class paintings I did a couple of years ago that I knew I would never hang, and am in the process of painting over it.
2. I discovered that Dollar Tree sells the brand of bread that my husband prefers over any other. It is $1.00 there as compared to $1.89 or so at the grocery store. Not enough to make a special trip for (since there's not a Dollar Tree nearby us), but when I'm there I will definitely pick it up.
3. I stayed at home most days, so minimal gasoline was used.
4. I browsed a clothing catalog, but confirmed that no purchases are necessary for the foreseeable future.
5. We lost the last of our big dogs. My son's old dog, pretty feeble for a couple of years, declined rapidly. We passed the remaining food we had on hand to Kasey for her pack. Since moving off of the ranch, I've said that when all of our big, country dogs (3) were gone, I would be wanting another Jack Russell. Though I find myself browsing the area's shelter adoption sites, I really think I'll just hold off for awhile. Pets are not exactly frugal.
I bought some fabric on sale...sigh.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: chalupas and guacamole
Monday: Sunday family dinner at Kasey's...on Monday
Tuesday: Chicken Spaghetti Especiál
Thursday: *burgers out with grandson
Friday: meatloaf, baked potatoes, vegetables
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)