background

Friday, June 10, 2016

Frugal Friday File, week 23...


Successes:
1.  I remembered to take advantage of one of my Amazon Prime benefits and borrowed a Kindle book before last month ended.  Now I need to get it read and returned so I can borrow another this month.

2.  I scheduled a day of work next week.

3.  Started making Christmas gifts.  

4.  Entertained girlie by printing free coloring pages from the Web.

5.  I had an errand to run that put me across the street from one of the girls' favorite treat shops, so I invited them to come along.  What's frugal abut that, you ask?  Well, I happened to have a $10 gift certificate to said treat shop in my wallet.  Everybody's happy!

Keep Tryings:
1.  Splurged on a birthday gift but it was a good purchase.

2.  Must tighten belt, as we had to replace all four tires on my car today ($$$), and next month will bring insurance premium due ($$$)

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  chalupas
Sunday:  leftovers
Monday:  leftovers
Tuesday:  Jicama Shrimp Salad
Wednesday:  *burgers
Thursday:  *Tex-Mex
Friday:  breakfast for dinner

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. car repairs here this week put us a little out of joint. Actually it was a good time of year for it, they usually break down when it's -20c out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO lucky that the hubs is a great mechanic. It has saved us a ton of repair bills over the years. Now if he could just learn how to make tires. :)

      Delete
  2. Spill the beans, what Christmas gifts are you making?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh, Pamela, I can't put it here. Sent you an email, though. ;)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails