background

Friday, March 25, 2016

Frugal Friday File, week 12...


Successes:
1.  Attended auction...only bid on one thing...an 82-piece set of beautiful white Haviland Ranson china, but it went higher than I wanted to pay, so I let somebody else spend their money on it.  Later at home... Me: "Honey, you are not going to believe what I bought at the auction."  Him: "Oh, no.  What?"  Me: "Nothing!"  Him: "I don't believe it."  :)

2.  Booked another half day of work this week.

3.  Went to IKEA with a list of needed/wanted items that I have been compiling for the past year or so.  Didn't deviate from the list for impulse purchases.

4.  Used $140 worth of IKEA shelves and about $30 of trim from Home Depot to add "built-in" shelving to dining room.  Will be reusing foam from previous bench cushions to refashion a window seat.

5.  Postponed making hair appointment and buying new printer for another week.  I'm really missing the printer, though.

Keep Tryings:
Frugal food planning and prep needs a jump start.


Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  breakfast for dinner: pancakes, eggs, bacon
Sunday:  Family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  leftovers
Tuesday:  15-bean soup, cornbread
Wednesday: (not frugal burgers out) 
Thursday:  (not frugal dinner out with other granddaughter)
Friday:  omelet
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. A trip to IKEA with no impulse purchases? You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did say I’d been making my list for a year or so, right?

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails