background

Friday, March 11, 2016

Frugal Friday File, week 10...


Successes:
1.  Carey's received annual bonus.  Fed the savings.

2.  Checked library web-catalog before buying Kindle special $1.99 book by an author I enjoy.  Library didn't have e-book, but I will pick up the hard copy I reserved, since I need to make a trip to the bank next door anyway.  Also reserved some DVDs I've been meaning to view.

3.  Last week's aching back is much better, but it was definitely time for a visit to chiropractor.  I waited till our CPA called to say taxes were ready to sign, so we could combine the 40-mile trip (their offices are next door to each other in the town we previously lived near).  And since we were going, Carey took some junk metal to the recycle center in same town...he only got $5 out of it, but it kept it out of a landfill, and didn't require a special trip.

4.  It has been raining all week.  Staying home out of the rain, and having no-spend days.

5.  While I was baking meatloaf and baked potatoes for one supper, I baked the rest of the bag of large baking potatoes at the same time.  After supper, I made all the extras into twice baked potatoes.  They are now individually wrapped and in the freezer for easy sides for future meals.  Frugal of time and money.

Keep Tryings:
1.  Buying butter from convenience store in a pinch = $$$


Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  (not frugal dinner out)
Sunday:  Sunday dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  Chicken Casserole
Tuesday:  leftovers
Wednesday:  Meatloaf, Baked Potatoes
Thursday:  Frito Pie
Friday:  Soup & Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails