1. Two o'clock in the morning found me emptying out the old pantry. It's hasn't had a good go through since before we started the kitchen remodel. And sometime in that period we have had a pantry-moth infestation. I keep finding something that I think is the source, bag it and dispose of it, and then a couple of weeks later find something else full of them. Now everything has been removed and gone through. Twelve hours later all surfaces (ceiling, floor, walls, shelf tops and bottoms) have been vacuumed and wiped down...there were a few hours of sleep time included, but not many. Before and after photos tomorrow.
2. Really. Why do I find motivation to do this kind of thing in the middle of the night instead of the middle of the day? My poor husband never knows what he will find when he gets up in the morning. Today he found a note of apology for my leaving him only 8 square inches of clear counter space to make his breakfast.
3. My mother-in-law will be coming to visit in September. I finally got around to ordering a bed for the front guest room. We have another guest room with a bed in it, but that bed is very high, and I can't, in good conscience, expect an 85 year old to climb into it any longer.
4. SO much I want/need to get done around here before m-i-l arrives. Not the least of which is putting some thought into menu planning for her special needs.
5. Oh! I've just realized that I have plenty of bacon and eggs in the fridge! Breakfast for dinner tonight! Yippee! I have successfully put off the grocery store one more day. Why can't it be open at 2:00 a.m.? I'm sure I could work up the motivation to shop about then.
6. I Googled a friend's name the other day and found her obituary from two years ago. I'm not sure how I missed hearing about it, but I feel really crummy.
7. Just took a minute to email someone I've been meaning to contact about some quilting. Now I can scratch that off my to-do list and conscience.