background

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Seven random thoughts on the seventh...



1. There is sitting on my kitchen counter a huge jar of pretzels which I bought at a wholesale club a couple of months ago. Last week, when I commented that no one was eating any pretzels, I was advised by my husband that he does not like pretzels. We have been married for over three decades, and I never knew this before. Ya learn something new every day. :)

2. On Friday I bought a 5 pound bag of ice. I forgot about it and left it in the car. I found it yesterday.

3. I can't tell you how many times it has crossed my mind lately that it is almost Spring...almost scorpion season.

4. I am SO terrible at getting gifts to their recipients on time. I finally managed to get a wedding gift to the happy couple yesterday...they celebrated their first anniversary last month...and if the groom's parents hadn't been stopping by on their way to see them, the gift would be sitting here still. And while I was at it, I took a combination graduation and wedding gift to a friend to give to her daughter...that's been needing doing since last summer. I still have several other gifts around the house that never made it to the intended destination. I think I need therapy...or at the very least a plan of action to get these out of my house and off of my conscience.

5. I can't remember where I came across this. It's a little hokey, but I'm dying to try it to see if it works.


6. I heard on the radio the other day that we should be having a stellar year for wildflowers. The drought of the last few years should have killed off some of the weeds that compete for space. And the abundant winter rains we received should be just what's needed to let the wildflowers thrive. Should start seeing them soon!

7. I'm itching to do something creative...but I have so many chores to catch up on. Hmmm. What to do? What to do?

8 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to try that. But I wonder, will it work with a Maine potato?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She says any potato will work. Looks cool, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your 7 things! Do you know how small our fridge/freezers are here? My fridge has three shelves which are about big enough to fit milk, bread and a piece of fruit on each. My freezer was 1 shelf but now is 2. lol a 5lb bag of ice woudln't even fit in if I put it in mini bags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FT, Every time I watch House Hunters International or any other program that shows what small refrigerators people get by with, I feel a little guilty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 confessions: I laughed out loud about the ice; and I TOO am plagued with the can't-get-the-gift-to-the-recepient illness. And, yes, it does weigh on one's conscience...C

    ReplyDelete
  6. C--It could have been so much worse. I remember a friend telling me once that her grandmother went to the grocery and forgot a bag of food in the car for a week. Apparently she really DID only drive her car to church on Sundays...or the market...whatever. :) Anyway, there was a raw CHICKEN in her car all week in the Texas heat. blech!

    ReplyDelete
  7. seven belly laughs!
    I could relate to every.single.seven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Terri, thank goodness! A bit of an update...I managed to deliver another overdue gift yesterday. Gave it to the grandmother to deliver to her twin grandbabies...I think the 'babies' are almost two now.

    Progress is good. Out of the house = off of my conscience.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails