1. Took Chloe to the drive in. Made popcorn before we went and put in individual bowls. Took our own soda. Stopped for movie-sized boxes of Junior Mints and Milk Duds at the store so we wouldn't have to pay movie-concession prices. (We didn't need the candy, and if it was just Carey and I we would have just taken the popcorn and soda, but since Chloe was with us, I wanted to make it an extra special event.) Watched both movies of the double feature (Despicable Me 3 and Spider-Man: Homecoming), so feel like we got more for our money there. Chloe stayed up right through the late feature (it was her choice to stay for it), and was still awake when we got home at 1 a.m.!
2. Picked up 3 more days of work for August. Lost one that was previously booked, but that's okay since I had accidentally booked it for the same day as quilting day at the library.
3. I've been a bit bored, and considered making a trip to Dollar Tree or to browse Goodwill, but the truth is I don't need anything. Realizing that before I spend any gasoline or money is a good thing. What I need to do is fill some boxes to take TO Goodwill. :)
4. Having filled the freezer with meals for Carey to take to work, I found that all of our meal containers were full, and I had to wait for him to empty some containers and bring them back home. I filled up enough again to feed him for another week.
5. Carey picked up an extra day of work covering for a co-worker who needed time off.
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Sunday: Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday: *Schlotzky sandwiches
Tuesday: Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes & gravy, corn
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)