1. Finally used $75 gift card that I got as a result of emailing corporate office of restaurant where we we had a miserable dining experience back in May. We took our grandson (who coincidentally was with me at the bad meal in May). Three meals, two iced teas, one water, and two desserts-to-go (desserts ordered to get as close to the card value as possible). Tab came to $74. All we owed was a nice tip.
2. I returned a pet water bottle to PetSmart that wouldn't fit on Rudy's kennel door. Twenty dollars back in our pocket. Proud of myself for keeping the bottle and receipt together for a month till I could return it.
3. Worked yesterday and today, and booked three days of work for October.
4. Used my Amazon credit (from the Apple ebooks antitrust settlement) on a bottle of BioFreeze topical pain spray for my shoulder. Brought the price down from $28 to $4, so I had pain relief of a sort before they even sent my purchase. :)
5. Thought about getting my hair cut early this week (I didn't want to wear a ponytail to work) but I put it off again, still, so I French braided it for work instead.
I bought a child gate so that I could take it to my daughter for when she puppy sits. I spent extra for an extra wide one...fits doors from 31 to 50 inches...so that I could use it in an interior passage archway at my home also. Tried it out tonight. It seems my archway is approximately 51 inches wide. :(
Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday: frugal dinner out, see #1
Sunday: Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday: salmon patties, Macaroni & Cheese Deluxe, broccoli
Tuesday: *Schlotzky sandwiches
Wednesday: meatloaf, twice-baked potatoes
Friday: *Chinese takeout
(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)