1. I wish it were cool enough to have the windows open again. It just seems too close in the house...stuffy...stagnant.
2. I saw a tip on Pinterest awhile back about how to remove the ink name/ingredients/manufacturer info printed on plastic tubs that sour cream, yogurt, etc. come in. It said that wiping with a rag which has been saturated with 100% acetone would easily remove the printing, leaving a blank exterior on the container. Not so fast. First I tried the the nail polish remover that I had on hand which was not 100% acetone: no affect whatsoever. So I purchased the real stuff. It removed some of the printing after much strenuous rubbing. I didn't want to use an abrasive scrubber, because I didn't want to scratch up the exterior.
Here's the lid of the container after several minutes of work. And since the tub part of the set is round rather than flat, and has way more printing than than the lid, I decided it was more trouble than it was worth. Another Pinterest myth busted...at least in my book.
3. Today is Caitlyn's 11th birthday. Where does the time go?
4. I seem to have strained my shoulder somehow again. It's been hurting for a week or so. The last time it was feeling like this, I kept the TENS unit on it pretty much non stop, and as I recall it helped quite a bit. Need to figure out where the TENS unit might be.
5. I do so much better when I make myself a to-do list. I haven't made one this week yet, and I NEED to do it to focus my thoughts. The laundry alone will make a whole column!
6. I tried a new recipe for supper tonight: Jicama Shrimp Salad. It also has black beans, red onion, avocados, and grapefruit sections. It was very fresh tasting with the sweet crunch of the jicama. But it is kind of a lot of prep work, what with sectioning the grapefruit and all.
7. Gotta go get the trash gathered, truck comes early in the morning. Yes, I waited till almost midnight. That's the way my days have been going. Procrastinating (with a capital 'P').