background

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Modern problems...

Victoria Pearson, photographer.  "Deep in the Heart of Texas."  Country Living.
September 2013. page 101.  Print.

I spent part of today working on my list...going through magazines...winnowing out the chaff to recycle.  The danger there is that I get sidetracked so easily.  Like when I saw this quilt in a back issue of Country Living (Sept. 2013).

I'm very attracted to the graphic nature of this antique quilt.  And I immediately squinted closely to see how it was put together.  I think it's manageable to figure it out...even for me.

In the past, I would have torn out the page and dropped it in my old-school manila inspiration file, but it has been ages since I've even seen that file.  I have no idea where it might be.  These days I just "pin" my inspiration images.  But an image has to be online in order to "pin" it, and try as I might (and I spent an inordinate amount of time trying) I couldn't find this photo online anywhere.  I finally decided that if I scanned the photo and put it on my blog, I could then "pin" it to my quilting board on Pinterest.

So here it is.

But then, of course, I had to look up how to cite the photo, article, and magazine (because that's just how I am), so there went more time searching the Web.  

Needless to say, there are not a lot of magazines in the recycle bin...yet.
Photobucket

2 comments:

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails