background

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Growing boys...

As summer wanes, we are trying to squeeze in more time with the kids before school starts.  It's harder with the boys since they split time between their home with their mom and their home with their dad.  It only gets more difficult as they get older and have busier schedules.

And now Bobby is starting his first job as well!  Today in fact.  So on Sunday I asked him if he wanted to come spend the night at our house before work started, and he said yes.  I'm so thankful that a junior in high school still wants to spend time with us.

We played Apples to Apples (the Disney version that his little sister had left here last time she came, which gave us a lot of silly laughs), and then a game of Scrabble.

In the morning I made him his favorite iced coffee, which is a special tradition for him at my house.

Monday we went out to lunch together, and enjoyed the scenery en route.  I coerced him into taking a photo of the old woodie station wagon driving beside us on the road.  Love the color.

We talked about inherited family traits, television, near-death experiences, his dad's parents (because I think the world of them...he and his brother really lucked out in the grandparent department, if I do say so myself), the coming school year, and a myriad of other things.

It was a day to treasure.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Sweet! Treasured times...they go by so quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree time flies, I have three boys,all grown up. I would love that station wagon! the colour is lovely. x Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails