background

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

What I'm reading Wednesday...

two by Sandra Dallas - Alice's Tulips and True Sisters

I just turned the last page on Alice's Tulips by Sandra Dallas (started it last night at bedtime).  It was much like a previous of hers that I read and loved which told its story through diary entries, whereas this one told its story through letters.  Set during the American Civil War, a great deal of the story was based on quilting which I really enjoyed.

True Sisters (same author) I read just a few days ago.  It really was very interesting, but I didn't enjoy it as much.  It was about Mormon emigrant pioneers...the number of characters was hard to keep track of, and a great deal of them were dead by the end of the book.

Also recently finished:
The Neighbor - by Lisa Gardner

The Neighbor by Lisa Gardner ...really enjoyed this one.  It was little along the lines of Gone Girl

...and

Ellie Pride by Annie Groves

I didn't find Ellie Pride by Annie Groves the least bit compelling...a mere okay distraction.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails