Wednesday, August 26, 2026

What I'm reading Wednesday...

 Fifty-second finish of the year.

This one wraps up the 2026 Reading Challenge for me.  I had left the 'Published in 2026' prompt for the last.  I actually think I've read a couple of other ones that were published this year, but they easily fit in other prompts, so counted them there.  

I liked this one.  I've never read anything by Michael Connelly before, and I've kind of moved out of my detective-story phase, but we are reading this one for bookclub soonish, and I wanted to read it while a friend had it available to share with me.  I liked the characters.  Writing was good.  

Dogs as I See Them by Lucy Dawson

This one was purchased for $2.99 on Kindle a week or so ago.  I couldn't resist all the adorable terriers in its pages.  It was a very short read, as there are very few written words, just short descriptions of the personalities of the dogs modeling for the artist (they aren't all terriers).  I probably will check it out from the library at some point to see the drawings on the paper page instead of the ebook version I have.

4 comments:

  1. I am in the first third of Daughters of The Sun and Moon by Lisa See, which is not my typical genre but quite good. Several of my library holds all came ready at the same time so I have quite a bit of catch up reading to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa See is one of my favorite authors. Daughters of the Sun and Moon will be mine shortly as I'm #1 in line on the reserve list.

      I emailed her after I read her first book (first time I've ever done that before or since, loved it so much), and darned if she didn't email me back! I've read almost all of hers, the only one I didn't love was the memoir of her family's history of coming to America, On Gold Mountain. I rarely love authors' family memoirs. With the one exception being The Friday Afternoon Club by Griffin Dunne (son of Dominic Dunne). It was excellent! Lots of Hollywood history.

      My comment reply too long! Sorry.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails