After finishing the 2026 reading challenge, I felt like I needed something super easy. I picked a book off of my Kindle that's been there for an age...well...for five years or so anyway. This is the last book of a series about a quilting group which stumbles into many murder investigations.
The plots of the series were a bit unbelievable, but easy to pick up and put down, and the characters are likeable.
Now I'm reading Lady Tremaine which I checked out from the library. It's not as easy, and I'm slower at making progress. It's a retelling of the Cinderella story from the point of view of the stepmother. It makes her more human, as it tells of her struggles trying to keep up appearances, keep food on the table, and keep up the decaying noble house and land that her husband left her upon his death.Hoping I can get it finished before the borrowing period is up.



No comments:
Post a Comment
I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!