Wednesday, August 19, 2026

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Prompt #13 - Bookface

This prompt really intrigued and challenged me this year.  Here is a sample of the trend of 'bookface':

Follow the link above to see more examples, some of them are so imaginative!  As I was contemplating what book to use for this prompt, I realized how complicated it could get.  I decided to look for a book that would match my model.

So without further ado, may I present my version of 'bookface'...


I browsed Amazon for a cover that would work for my intent, and ordered a used copy.  Frankly I can't believe how (relatively) easy it was to get this photo.  Rudy had a vet appointment yesterday, which always wears him out...so many new people...so many new animals all in one place.  He wants to interact with every single one of them.  So when we got home he was exhausted, and I was able to get a few minutes of subdued cooperation from him to snap this photo.  :)

He has to go back to the vet today for an ex-ray.  There was no containing (constraining?) him yesterday, so they sent us home with some 'relaxing' meds to give him last night before bed and this morning before his appointment.  Hoping it does the trick so they can get an ex-ray without having to fully sedate him.  The vet heard a heart murmur during yesterday's exam, so they wanted to get a pic of his innards to look for any problem visually before prescribing him meds, and to have as a baseline for future reference.  He has slowed down a bit since he turned ten earlier this year, but he can still run circles around me...literally!

Now back to what I'm reading Wednesday and the 2026 challenge...

Fifty-first challenge finish of the year.

It's a childrens' chapter book from Tasmanian authors.  A little challenging as the authors use made-up words and put a glossary at the end of every chapter.  (Example:  Bathwater.  One of the worst swear words I know. )  I believe this is one of a series of a dozen or so.

Kind of a cute story.  It definitely gives a good representation of terrier breeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails