background

Friday, August 16, 2024

2024 Frugal Friday File, August 16...

 

1.  We have always fed Rudy a combination of dry kibble and canned dog food.  A few weeks ago I made a large batch of homemade dog food for Rudy in the slow cooker.  It included homemade beef bone broth, chicken thighs, brown rice, carrots, peas, green beans, and broccoli.  Not sure it comes out cheaper than canned store bought, but when he went for his annual checkup last week, the vet approved all the ingredients and the switch. And since we have made the change he has had no more of what I call MEFs (malodorous events of flatulence), so that makes it TOTALLY worth it.  In the next week or so I will make another batch.  After cooking, I divide into pint containers, and freeze.  We thaw as needed, and a pint feeds him for about 2 days.  We still give him some dry kibble along with it, but less kibble than before and more of the home cooking.

2.  I am making very few outings due to the heat.  Using very little gasoline as a result.

3.  We ate a lot of leftovers this week.  We went out last night for supper.  Today we skipped lunch, since I had a doctor appointment in the next town over.  There is a great sushi restaurant next to the medical building, so we had a late lunch/early supper before heading home.

4.  STILL working on downsizing in the craft room.  Too.  Much.  Stuff.

5.  I'm back to sending letters to the now two granddaughters in college.  This week one was returned because it weighed 1.3 ounces, and therefore was short on postage.  I will be weighing each card/letter I send out now, and I will order 'additional ounce' stamps rather than using a two 1ounce stamps.

On the menu this week:

Saturday:  leftovers

Sunday:  Beef Stroganoff

Monday:  leftovers

Tuesday:  leftovers

Wednesday:  C-sandwich, me-cheese & crackers

Thursday:  out for Chinese food

Friday:  out for sushi

**designates meatless meal

4 comments:

  1. Malone eats home-cooked chicken and rice mixed with his kibble and it's completely gotten rid of the soft business he was doing and keeping everything solid. Hope that's not TMI, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! They are so worth the trouble we go to. :) When I told the vet what all I put in his food, she said, "You're eating better than I am, Rudy."

      Delete
  2. Rudy is eating well! And I bet you are glad it solved his odorous problem🤭

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails