background

Wednesday, May 11, 2022

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Ghost Ship: The Mysterious True Story of the Mary Celeste and Her Missing Crew by Brian Hicks

 Pretty sure that I've mentioned that my boss and I are both readers and are having a bit of a competition this year.  He outpaced me early, when I started out the year with an 800 pager, but I have since caught up.  

He came into the office with this book last week, and it sounded so interesting.  If you've not heard of the Mary Celeste, it was an American cargo ship that was found floating near the Azores in December of 1872.  There was no one on board; all the crew, along with the captain's wife and two-year-old daughter who were sailing with him, were nowhere to be found, and no hints as to what had happened.

Paul is willing to let me borrow it when he finishes, but I had just finished my last book, and checked the library website and found they had the hard copy available.  I started reading it on Saturday, and it is so hard to put down.  

I haven't told Paul I am already reading it yet.  


1 comment:

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails