background

Friday, May 6, 2022

Frugal Friday File 2022, week 18...

 

1.  I haven't finished my library book yet...less than 10% to go...and the borrow expired yesterday.  Rather than get back on the reserve list and wait a month or more, and rather than paying $14.99 for the ebook from Amazon to finish it, I remembered on Wednesday to move the borrow to my old Kindle on which I can turn off the wifi.  With the wifi off, the old Kindle can't communicate with Amazon, so the book stays on it and is readable.  It may sound like cheating, but the borrowed ebook is returned from my Amazon account to the library where it can be checked out by the next reader.

2.  Took my lunch to work every day.

3.  In anticipation of my 65th birthday in the fall, I asked around to see if there is someone local who could help us figure out the confusing Medicare plans and supplemental insurance options.  We met with someone who was recommended this week, and it was very helpful.  We haven't made a final decision, and we may continue to research the options, but I feel proud of myself for not waiting till the last minute, and arming us with information that will help us make good choices.

If anyone has any suggestions that you have found helpful, please let me know.

4.  The electric bill arrived, and it is the lowest of the year so far.  I will pay this one with pleasure, as I have a feeling there won't be any low ones going forward.  The forecast is for 100° temperatures both Saturday and Sunday, and mid to high 90s all next week.  The Texas summer is upon us.

5.  I finally placed the Amazon order for essentials only...removing one item which I found more affordable locally.  I made a "Congratulations Graduate" card using the recipient's school colors.  Switching my work wardrobe to the summer choices, and not buying anything new.  Was notified this week that our company is increasing starting wages to stay competitive in the hiring market; so will also be giving current employees a pay increase to compensate.  Made dessert for Sunday family supper last week incorporating Easter candy so it didn't go to waste.

2 comments:

  1. For Medicare info: The Retirement Answer Man Podcast covered it really well in episodes #341-345. Also the "Medicare Q&A with Boomer Benefits" Facebook group. And the book "10 Costly Medicare Mistakes" by Danielle Kunkle Roberts. (These are all related to Boomer Benefits but you don't have to use their services to benefit from the information provided.)

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails