background

Friday, May 27, 2022

Frugal Friday File 2022, week 21...

 

1.  Packed lunches to work or came home all week.

2.  Forgot to place meal order for this week in time, so have been cooking at home.  Not sure it was a great savings over the subscription, but it was a savings over eating out which we did not resort to.

3.  Carey rotated my tires, and gave my car a good once over in anticipation of my road trip this weekend.  He may be an amazing jack of all trades, but his very first trade was car mechanic, so he is amazing to keep around.  :)  I'm driving seven hours alone to visit a friend and my sister.  Very exciting.

4.  Because we cooked at home this week, there are left overs to hold Carey over while I'm out of town.

5.  Jared has been in Chicago for two weeks for some work training, and left his car here rather than long-term parking.  Carey will pick him up at the airport later today and park in the free cell-phone lot where you can park and wait for the passenger to call you after they are through baggage claim and waiting at the curb to be picked up.  I love that they added that lot  and keep it free.

4 comments:

  1. All good ones! Enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am cooking at home almost every night these days. The one exception is my husband goes to Taco Bell for breakfast about 3 days a week. Other than that takeout is expensive and getting less for the money.
    It's like buying beef - we will just wait until a sale otherwise it's chicken and pork, which forces me to expand my recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know about the cell phone corral. How interesting and what a save on the pile up on the pick up lane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today I made some lovely bean soup in my Instant Pot. A neighbor that helps at a food pantry brought me two 50 pound bags of mixed dry beans that no one wanted! So, I sorted and rinsed 2 cups of the beans, added them to the IP with 3 cups of vegetable broth, a sliced onion, 4 sliced garlic cloves and 2 cups of water. Push the bean/chili button and let it cook and natural pressure release. When I ate some, I used a little Braggs liquid aminos in it. Delicious! I also made some cornbread to go with it, and the cornmeal was ground from some Bloody Butcher dent corn that we grew last year. This was a very economical meal! I also hung a week's worth of laundry out to dry. I had been waiting for today because it wasn't supposed to rain. I do love pinching pennies!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails