background

Monday, September 6, 2021

Did you labor on labor day...

I did a little, but not too much.  I was home alone, so I did some normal weekend things (like laundry and a dishwasher empty/refill/repeat).

Did an abbreviated fridge clean out (threw out really old bottled condiments and wiped out the door shelves) then I took out the trash for pickup tomorrow.

I made a bowl of Tuna Salad to have ready for lunches this week.

I started to order meals from our subscription service, but I haven't been happy with their FedEx delivery lately.  So I made a grocery order instead to collect later in the week.  

Our grocery's website allows us to make 'lists'.  To make meal planning and grocery shopping easier, I have entered quite a few different lists, each containing the ingredients needed for a specific complete meal.  

For instance my list named 'TACO SALAD' includes salad mix, cherry tomatoes, an avocado, a can of sliced olives, a can of Ranch Style beans, Nacho flavored Doritos, Kraft Catalina salad dressing, and shredded cheese. 

My list named 'SPAGHETTI' includes ground beef, a jar of spaghetti sauce, a can of diced tomatoes, a can of sliced mushrooms, a package of spaghetti, a loaf of frozen garlic bread, and a bag of salad mix.

When ordering groceries, I just have to go view my lists, click next to the meal-name list that I want on the menu that week, and check the box at the top that says 'Add All to Cart".  Makes meal planning and placing grocery orders a breeze.  This week I took some time to add a few new 'lists' (meals).  Our menu for the week includes Taco Salad, Jambalaya, Spanish Rice, King Ranch Casserole, and Pizza Casserole; all things that are quick to make after work; or that I can start part in the slow cooker when I come home for lunch and finish up pretty quick after work.

FYI: I also have lists named "STAPLES" that include items like sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla, etc.  Another list is named "LUNCHES" and includes things like lunch meat, sliced cheeses, peanut butter, jams, chips, and canned tuna, etc.  Another list is named "PERSONAL" and includes toothpaste, deodorant, shower gel, shampoo, etc.  For those, rather than ordering the whole list, I pick and choose which items from that list I need for the week.  This helps cut down on time for me, because I only have my favorite brands/sizes on the list, and I don't have to wade through all the brand and size options available from the store.

Let's see, what else did I do...    I watered the tomato plants.  I cleaned out and refilled Rudy's outside water bowls (I'm not sure why, he refuses to drink out of them as he prefers to only drink water from his bowl inside the house.  I hung up all the laundry right out of the dryer, filled up my med dispenser for the week, I cleaned the toilet and sink in the master bath...

Over the weekend I also made some cards, had nice phone conversations with two friends and my husband, cleaned and thoroughly air dried my makeup brushes, picked up prescriptions from the pharmacy, picked up an order of Evan Williams Honey bourbon to make pecan pies, and some yummy Screwball Whiskey for medicinal purposes (the other Kathleen says that a little every day is good for arthritis 😄), I walked on the treadmill, and I wrote a LONG overdue blog post.  

2 comments:

  1. What a smart way to set up your grocery ordering. You have created your own meal delivery service! I played with my granddaughter and we harvested some veggies from their garden together. We all went to the Berkeley Marina to walk around and then got burgers as a treat. A great final day of our visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she at a fun age?! I think it is my all-time favorite. Fun trips to library, making crafts, little things enthrall them. Harvesting vegetables with her sounds like a wonderful experience!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails