background

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Saturday snail mail...

Yesterday was World Cardmaking Day.  Who knew, right?  Just to be honest, I didn't make any cards yesterday, but I thought I should at least do a catch-up post on what I have made and mailed since my last post.
This one and the next one were made and mailed early last week.  The cooler temperatures we have been enjoying made me pull out last year's autumn paper pumpkin.


A baby-boy card.  I just told someone that I never have occasion to send baby cards these days, and then all of a sudden I did.

A hang-in-there card for someone having a rough patch.

I went through a coloring phase for awhile, and did some real detail time with blending pens.

I never remember what these long cards are called.  The coloring was kind of the star of the show on this one.

But I had green sequins that matched the trees, so I added a few, and then the fountain begged for some Wink of Stella.

This is the simplest birthday card I've ever made; just a watercolor paper base with a pretty paper layer, and a tiny "happy birthday."  I always send poppies on this friend's cards.  

This is another past Paper Pumpkin.  Trying to use them instead of just 'collect' them!

This may look familiar, because I've CASEd its inspiration card before.  I love the monochromatic simplicity.

For the inside I stamped one of the images off a couple of times so it was a lighter shade with the sentiment in full-strength ink over it.

Now I'm wondering what I'm going to do about Christmas cards this year.

2 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful, loved them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely cards, Kath. Handmade cards are really quite special and different to those in the shops. MegXx

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails