background

Wednesday, October 21, 2020

What I'm reading Wednesday...

 I was on vacation last week, and I got a lot of reading done.

Monticello by Sally Cabot Gunning

I love Sally Cabot Gunning's work, and this one was really quite good about President Thomas Jefferson and his family, told from the viewpoint of his daughter Martha.


Time After Time by Lisa Grunwald

I loved this one, and rate it about 9.75 points out of 10.  Virtually the entire story takes place inside the Grand Central Terminal in New York City right before and during World War II.  Highly recommend.



3 comments:

  1. I loved Time After Time too. Off to see if the library has Monticello. Have you been there? It is pretty interesting to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite by Sally Cabot Gunning is The Widow's War. If you haven't read it, look for it too; I really think you will like it.

      Delete
  2. Just popping in to see what you are reading...I read the Widow's War and it was also one of my favorites. I just finished One by One by Ruth Ware, it is book of the month on Goodreads and one more day to enter the giveaway. I always enter for fun.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails