background

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

What I'm reading Wednesday...

Drum roll please..........I finished both of the previous books that have taken me forever!  Yea!  Woohoo!  Applause!

I finished Elizabeth the Queen in the wee hours of this morning, and even when I had reached the end...the very, very end...the end where it sent me back to an amazon information page...it said I was only 71% complete.  So the ebook page counter was just way off, which is what I am going to blame for it being such a frustrating read; I continually felt like I was making no progress through it.

If you are ever interested in what I think of books I have completed, I keep a list of them along with a paragraph or so of my thoughts on each on my 'Reading List' page which is linked under the title banner at the top of the blog page.

The Orchid House by Lucinda Riley

Today I am starting The Orchid House by Lucinda Riley, and hoping that it is a lighter read than the others on my night table.

7 comments:

  1. That is my one frustration with my Kobo (similar to a Kindle) - with a book, you know exactly how far a long through you are but with a Kobo, you just have to keep plodding through. And I do wonder if the book is there in its entirety or a condensed version.
    I am hopeless, everytime I go to read on my Kobo, 15 minutes in, I fall asleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If all reads were as off on the page count as this one, I’m not sure I would be able to keep reading on it. Thank goodness I’ve never come across one like it before.

      Delete
  2. I know exactly how you feel when you finally finish a book, I have a few that have just been dragging on and on. I hope that "The Orchid House" will prove to be much lighter to read, and that you will have a wonderful rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) We are expecting lots of rain over the next few days related to Hurricane Harvey, so will be nice excuse to stay home and read.

      Delete
  3. Kath, I just discovered your reading list. I don't know how I have missed it, altho things are pretty hectic with me this summer. I try to keep a little notebook about what I read, but your idea is much better. I hope you do not have any flood, please no flood for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m sure there will be flooding (we are so prone down here), but I pray that citizens and rescue personnel all stay safe. Looking out the window right now, it looks like we may be getting some wind gusts ahead of the storm.

      I stopped by the library on my way home from the dentist and picked up three more books, so I’m set to be homebound for the weekend.

      Delete
    2. ps: I can't tell you how many times I refer back to my reading list. I try not to put any spoilers in my descriptions/critiques, but sometimes I am too vague, and I don't even remember exactly what the book was about!

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails