background

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Sunday supper...


We were able to go to Kasey and Beau's for supper tonight.  I made Bananas Foster for this week's dessert.  Five minutes to prepare and got good reviews.  While I was there, the girls wanted me to trim their hair in preparation for school starting on Tuesday, so of course I did.

Then when I got home, these leaves were lying on the driveway.  (Not all together; I gathered them up for the photo.)  This is more fall color than I've ever seen in my yard; we have all oak trees that don't change color.  I can only assume that Harvey left these.  We definitely haven't had any cool nights to make any local trees change...unless they were just stressed by the storm.

But it is interesting, as we are in the planning and preparation stage for our vacation time specifically to enjoy some autumnal splendor this year.  Looking at these makes me very excited.

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait for fall! Decorating is on the calendar for September 1st.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we get the four seasons in the region that we live in. Spring begins tomorrow and I can't say I will be sad to see winter go (although I like it better than summer!)...
    As I get older, each winter seems to be colder (global warming??).
    Hope the rain has stopped in your area,
    Cheers - Joolz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me, it's each summer that gets hotter. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails