background

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Earthquake cupcakes...


I wanted to make Earthquake Cake for Sunday family dinner today.   I left it till very late in the day, and wasn't sure a full size cake would have time to cool.  I was pretty sure I could figure out how to make my recipe into cupcakes, but again, I had no time to spare.  I Googled 'earthquake cupcakes' and sure enough found this recipe.

I whisked the powdered sugar right into the pan with the melted cream cheese and butter (why dirty another dish?), and I stirred the coconut into the cream cheese mixture instead of putting it in the bottom of the cupcake liners.  I left out the pecans altogether, since we have one who doesn't like nuts.   I didn't bother swirling the cream cheese mixture in any way, just spooned a scoop onto the top of the cake batter; I was all about the quickest, easiest way today.  I wish I had thought to sprinkle chocolate chips on top before baking, but nobody else missed them.  

The cupcakes were very well received, and I will be making them again.  Making them into cupcakes makes them a little more portable, say for a lunchbox, than a cut piece of cake.
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Yum! Just looking at the picture makes me hungry. I never even thought of turning an earthquake cake into cupcakes but I love the idea. I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum...I need to try these! I often do individual-sized cakes to help with portion control. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids pack their own school lunches, so I like to make things they can take easily. :)

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails