background

Friday, May 6, 2016

Frugal Friday File, week 18...


Successes:
1.  At Sunday family dinner, Beau asked me to trim Caitlyn's hair (if we could talk her into it).  I was just as leery of anyone coming at my hair with scissors when I was her age (ten)--I still am!--so I empathized completely with her, and I offered to let her trim mine as well.  =O  I told her we could put a length of tape across our shirts in the back as a guide, and just trim even with the tape.  She let me trim hers, but declined to reciprocate.  Only a tear or two from my sweet girl during the process, and then she was distracted by getting in the pool.  Her daddy was happy to save the $40 salon fee.  I must say I was happy she didn't want to cut mine, but if she had I would have let her.  It's long enough that it could be easily repaired.

2.  We made it through the second round of car sharing.  Jared was finally able to get his hail-damaged front and back windshields replaced yesterday.  It made for some extra planning to share rather than rent, but it saved the expense.

3.  Carey finished putting the shelving in the laundry room that I wanted.  He got frustrated with the molding, so made a plan B without consulting me.  It doesn't look exactly like I hoped it would, but he tried really hard, so I'm going to be happy with it as is.

4.  I worked an extra half day this week.  

5.  I made no fabric purchases this week either, and I steered clear of haircut expense again.

Keep Tryings:
Too many meals out. 


Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  *barbecue
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  leftovers
Tuesday:  *Whataburgers
Wednesday:  roast/potatoes/carrots
Thursday:  *Tex-mex
Friday:  Spanish rice

(*not-frugal takeout or dinner out)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails