background

Friday, February 5, 2016

Frugal Friday File, Week 5...


Successes:

1.  Quilt retreat was a very frugal one...nearby, lower fee than any others, we provide our own meals...plus I used up only supplies on hand.

2.  I lost my Kindle on the last day of the retreat.  After turning the place upside down, I had to come home without it.  Happily the owner has found it, and I should be able to drive over this weekend to retrieve it.  A quarter tank of gas for the trip to pick it up is cheaper than replacing it.

3.  I've toyed with the idea of cutting my hair short again, but the nice thing about keeping it long is that it doesn't need constant trimming every six weeks.  I'm not ruling it out completely, but I'm putting it off awhile longer.

4.  We considered going to the movies, but there are none playing that we want to see.  Frugal win.

5.  Eating out of pantry and freezer.


Keep Tryings:

1.  ordered yet more fabric today


Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:

Saturday:  I was fed at retreat...Carey ate leftovers at work
Sunday:  I was fed at retreat...Carey ate leftovers at work
Monday:  I was fed at retreat...Carey ate leftovers at work
Tuesday:  (not so frugal - friend date, salad out)
Wednesday:  Twice Baked Potato from freezer and salad
Thursday:  Sweet Potato Hash with Sausage and Eggs
Friday:  Beans and Cornbread
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails