background

Friday, February 26, 2016

Frugal Friday File, Week 8...


Successes:
1.  Booked three more days of work over the next month or so.  (Very happy they called me, as this was the office where I had to cancel at the very, very last minute when my car wouldn't run!)

2.  Food prepped / vacuum packed / freezer full...happy sigh

3.  Found three tee-shirts at Goodwill for a craft project, and one for dear son (because its funny printed design just begged to be his).

4.  Found a solution for a much needed family mail center.  It did involve purchasing a sectioned wire basket, but it was 40% off.

5.  Every meal cooked at home also put meals from leftovers in freezer for husband to take to work.

Keep Tryings:
1.  I made an ebay purchase last weekend.  It was something I've been wanting/looking for for a long time, and it was a good price, but still...

2.  Then I bought something on Amazon to go with it.  Again, something that I had researched and been thinking about.  I think it will prove frugal in the end, but still hard to think of the $ spent now.  

Frugal From the Kitchen This Week:
Saturday:  (not frugal take-out)
Sunday:  Sunday family dinner at Kasey's
Monday:  Swiss Steak in slow cooker
Tuesday:  No-Peek Chicken and Rice
Wednesday:  Secret Ingredient Meatloaf, Baked Potatoes, Broccoli 
Thursday:  Roast & Dumplings, Green Beans
Friday:  ?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails