background

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

What I'm reading Wednesday...

The Faraday Girls by Monica McInerney

As I was on my way to the airport recently to pick up my sister, I realized that I had forgotten to put my Kindle in my purse.  I was due to arrive early and would have time on my hands, so I quickly pulled in to Half-Price Books which was on my route.  I chose this book purely based on the cover.

Stopping for reading material was a wise decision as there was a missed connecting flight, and I had a long wait.  I never mind long waits as long as I have something to read.

I am enjoying it, but it is taking me forever.  I haven't had a lot of reading time lately, and this one is over five hundred pages.  Five sisters in Tasmania band together to raise the illegitimate baby of the youngest sister.

Great writing.  Likable characters.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Always fascinates me how publishers change books for different countries - covers etc. This one is called THOSE Faraday Girls over here. What on earth could be the reason for that change, I wonder? Beats me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline, I cannot fathom the reasoning, and frankly 'Those' sounds better to me in this case.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails