background

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Chicken á la King Pot Pie...


I was in Wal-Mart yesterday picking up some organizers for cabinets.  I figured I might as well pick up some groceries for an easy meal.  When I saw that rotisserie chickens were on sale for $2.50, I picked one up and went in search of something to go along with it.

Proceeding sans recipe, I combined frozen vegetables, sauce ingredients, and chicken.  I topped it with refrigerator biscuits, and had Jared bake it for me in his apartment oven.  It was surprisingly good, and garnered compliments from the men.

It vaguely reminded me of my days as a young mother, when I would keep a tube of refrigerator biscuits in the fridge and a can of Swanson Chicken á la King in the cupboard--the quickest, easiest meal to throw together that no one would complain about--for when a day went completely haywire.  So I'm calling this recipe Chicken á la King Pot Pie.  

Since it received two thumbs up from the men, I wrote down the ingredients and directions for future use, and it can be found at What's Cookin' 4 Miles North of Nowhere.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! I've had far too many of those "day went completely haywire" moments lately.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails