background

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A Bobby kind of day...

Wasn't this just yesterday?  Oh, he was the cutest baby ever.

Now he's FIFTEEN!  And still a cutie.

Bobby's birthday was in July.  For the past few years, I've been taking him out to lunch and shopping for a birthday present, but we hadn't had a chance to do that yet this year.  So today was the day.  He chose P.F. Chang's...it was really good.

And since it's right across the street from Trader Joe's, I wanted to run in and grab some Sparkling French Berry Lemonade...love that stuff.

While there I made the most AMAZING find!  They have a new Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate!!!  I love cold-brewed coffee.  I used to make my own, but got out of the habit.  This is so cool.  Since my little Bobster loves iced coffee like I do, I made us each an iced coffee as soon as we got back home.  I just happened to have a bag of 'magic' Sonic ice in the freezer, and a can of whipped cream and a bottle of caramel sauce in the fridge.  

Lounging on the sofa with a cold glass of coffee makes a nice respite in the middle of the day.

In a few minutes we are going to dust off my old recipe binder, and bake a couple of loaves of my mother's bread recipe.  Nothing like warm, fresh homemade bread with real butter and homemade fig preserves!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails