background

Monday, October 21, 2013

Making it Monday...

photo credit:  makezine.com

When Jared was little, he went through the knees of jeans in the blink of an eye.  A dear friend and quilting/sewing mentor taught me how to mend blue jeans as shown above (click link for a great tutorial).  It probably saved me many hundreds of dollars before he outgrew that stage.  I haven't thought about this particular skill in over twenty years.

But last night Bobby brought me a pair of cargo shorts that had been ripped when he jumped over a fence, and he asked me if I could repair them.  Tonight after work, I got out the machine and set to work.

I should have taken a photo of the repair that I actually did, but I forgot in the moment, and now the boys are in bed, and it is a school night after all, so I guess I'll let them sleep.  Suffice it to say, it all came back to me...just like riding a bicycle.  :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails