background

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Techno trauma drama...


Yesterday I started a project at the request of an in-law.  It involves finding, scanning, and emailing about 50 photos.  I got completely and utterly frustrated and quit for the day.

At 10:30 a.m. this morning, I went back to it.  

It is now 3:01 pm., and I have one photo scanned, and it came out so dark, that even editing it in Photoshop did not help.

Since the kids moved in, the only trouble we have had is with our wireless network.  Kasey works from home, so she needs reliable, quality connectivity.  My wireless router, while working great for the two computers we had in the house previously, was not cutting it with the added computers.  So we switched to the kids' router. 

However, my printer did not recognize that wireless signal...so every time we needed to print something, we had to reconnect my router, print, and then reconnect the kids' router.  All the while with this or that family member popping in to ask what is up with the router?

So the MAJORITY of my time today has been spent reading, digging, plugging, cursing, unplugging, un-installing, installing, cursing, re-installing, test printing, hoping, fingers crossing, hopes dashing, cursing, starting over, cursing, cursing, cursing.  It is FINALLY working for me.  Now whether it works for anyone else in the house, I really don't care.  ;)  

I just know that when they move into their new house, the couch is not the only thing they will be leaving behind.  They can set up a new router at the new house.  I don't want to start over again.
Photobucket

1 comment:

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails