background

Friday, April 20, 2012

Sweet blessings...

We went out to celebrate our mutual April anniversaries with our favorite couple friends this evening.   We had such a good time with them, as we always do, and when we got home I found the following poem in my email inbox.  It is by the female half of the duo, who has a gift with word and song.  Thank you, V...you know I feel the same.


Tonight I Shared Supper With A Dear Friend Of Mine

Tonight,  I shared supper with a dear friend of mine.
And I thank God that this was not the first, nor, the last time.

We shared a laugh and a joke or two,
About each other and the things we have done or plan to do.
We shared food and laughter and joked about our age,
Yes we’re getting older and another year has turned a page.

A year filled with laughter and also some tears,
Our spouses  were also there, for this was a very special meal.
Each year we meet to share our anniversary dinner
and I hope we always will.

I thank God that He gave me a friend and a sister too,
Because my life has been more complete
 since the day I met you.

So my friend until we meet again,
I hope your days are filled with happiness and health.
And if it be God’s will, maybe even a little wealth.
Not only for you but for me too.
Oh, and don’t forget that I love you.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. What a treasure you have in her friendship, Kath! You have all the wealth you need.

    Joolz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet poem. Friends are such a blessing, and one of God's greatest gifts to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely after dinner gift :)
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails