background

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Seven thoughts on the 7th...

photo credit: www.jaysmith.com

We were in the car this afternoon, and the song Letter to Me by Brad Paisley came on.  I got to thinking about what I wish I could tell my seventeen-year-old self.  Here are seven of them:

1.  Ice cream is poison.

2.  Save for retirement!

3.  Get a degree.

4.  "I have to be alone very often. I'd be quite happy if I spent from Saturday night until Monday morning alone in my apartment. That's how I refuel."  --Audrey Hepburn

...but then again...

5.  "...solitary pleasures erode your ties to the human race."  --Nuala O'Faolin, Almost There 

6.  Always seeing merit in both sides of an argument can be a real pain sometimes.

7.  Laugh.  With friends, with family, by yourself, at yourself, as often as you can, until you cry.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails