background

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Good Morning, Good Night...

I love vintage Little Golden Books.

photo credit: Champ & Mabel Collectibles

This was my favorite when I was little...two stories in one.  Good Morning was about a little boy who didn't like to get up in the morning.  Good Night was about a little girl who didn't like to go to bed at night.  I STRONGLY identified with both!  I love those sweet illustrations by Eloise Wilkin...especially the pictures of the little girl playing with her Noah's Ark in the middle of the night while everyone else was asleep...that was the reason I collected Noah's Arks for many years.  I would like to have a copy of this book...but this one is $35.

Anyway...

I'm sitting here not wanting to go to bed.  And normally on a Thursday night I wouldn't have to, as this is usually the beginning of my weekend.  But since I'm filling in for a co-worker tomorrow, I know I have to.  So I will.

I still won't want to get up in the morning though.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love the vintage Golden books--I suppose I am vintage too--yes, I'm absolutely feeling it!
    Enjoy the weekend!
    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have one or two golden books in this house... but not that one... is it on ebay?

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails