1. It rained 2 1/2 inches in the early morning hours. Boy did we need it! The thunder and sound of rain woke me up, and it was so soothing to fall back to sleep to those sounds. So soothing that I turned off the alarm when it went off. Thank goodness I wasn't scheduled to work today.
2. But it did make me super late for quilting day at the library. :( About lunch time I stopped by to visit for a little while, but I didn't stay to sew.
3. When I left the library, I headed to the clinic in a neighboring town where I get my port flushed. I had had an appointment there on Friday. The nurses in the chemo department are the ones who flush my port (just port maintenance, no chemo for me). Sometimes they are really busy with chemo patients, so I always take a book with me in case there is a long wait. This time I barely had time to get my book out of my purse before they were done with me and I was ready to go. So thinking it was still in my purse, I walked out and forgot my book. It drove me crazy all weekend. I have to work for the rest of the week, so if I didn't get over there today, I wouldn't have another chance till next week. Also, they have a bookshelf in the lobby...a sort of little free library...that I was afraid staff might put it on, and it might get picked up by another patient, never to be seen by me again, but it was still in the chemo room on the nurses' station counter.
4. On the trip over, there is an intersection that is at the bottom of a hill which impedes vision of vehicles stopped and waiting for the light to change. At the hight point of the road, crews had put an electronic flashing traffic warning sign: Caution...Slippery Slope...Ahead. It made me do a double take. I don't know...it just seemed more like a fortune cookie message than a traffic warning.
5. I was giving myself a hard time about wasting the time and gasoline to make the extra trip. However, I remembered that I hadn't yet picked up a key for the branch that I will be working at next week...and it is right down the street from the clinic...so at least I managed to kill two birds with that stone.
6. On the way home I made a dreaded grocery shop. I made the menu over the weekend. The freezer and pantry are now full. We are set for awhile. I love when I have that job out of the way!
7. Tonight I am making fried rice for supper, and I'm attempting to make homemade egg rolls for the first time. I'd better go get to it!