Saturday, September 12, 2026

Kitchen activities...

Have I already showed this one?  Baked beans, Macaroni & Cheese, and sausage.  I wasn't keen on having the oven on long enough to bake the beans that day, but it was worth it, and the mac & cheese joined the beans after they'd been in for awhile.  The sausage just got cooked on the stove top.

Beef Stir Fry.  I had fresh mushrooms in the fridge that needed to be used.  Originally I was going to make an Asian crock pot recipe, but I got a late start, and this quicker meal turned out well.

Chicken Curry.  I had not purchased groceries in awhile, so most of these meals were from pantry and freezer supplies.  This used up the last of the cooked chicken in the freezer, so chicken breasts went on the grocery list.

Salmon patties with buttered new potatoes and corn.  I hadn't used canned salmon in quite awhile, but as I was searching the pantry, trying to put off grocery shop for another day, I decided the salmon was in the pantry for times such as this.  :)

Finally made the grocery run.  I had stayed up into the wee hours making a menu plan and grocery order for curbside pick up.  I stayed up way too late, and then for some crazy reason, I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep.  So after I picked up the groceries, I was already tired.  But figured I'd thank myself later if I  cooked the chicken breasts, so I pounded all eight of them thin, then cooked them in batches in a hot pan to brown, then piled all of them back in the pan and covered and simmered on low for awhile to make sure they were cooked through.

I diced one of the cooked breasts and started a sauce from the pan drippings and added some of the diced chicken back to the pan.  Then I grabbed a spaghetti squash and prepped it for the oven.  In all honesty, I could have done better on this meal, but I was exhausted by this time, and decided good enough would do for that night.

While the spaghetti squash roasted and the chicken and gravy simmered, I prepped the rest of the cooked chicken for the freezer.

This doesn't look like a lot, but going by how many meals the last batch made, I'd say it's probably enough for six or seven meals, and I'm glad to have the head start on that many meals all loaded into the freezer.

While I had the vacuum sealer out, I also bagged and sealed a large tray of raw chicken thighs for a couple of crock pot meals and a batch of Rudy food.  SO happy that all that is done, and it's not all waiting for me in the fridge to do later.

I washed up after we ate.  Carey usually cleans the kitchen when I cook, but he has been working hard in the almost hundred degree heat for several days to get the fall garden ready, so I wanted to let him rest.  After the kitchen was mostly reset for tomorrow, I soaked in a nice hot bath, then I went to bed early (for me) and slept like a baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails