Wednesday, August 12, 2026

What I am reading Wednesday...

Forty-eighth challenge finish of the year.

I found a prompt to to put my book club selection under!  I had to Google to check that boredom is an emotion (never really thought of it as an emotion).  It is.  Then I Googled whether one could be intensely bored (it seemed like an oxymoron to me); it turns out people do suffer from intense boredom.  So, yay, there is my strong emotion!  LOL

This is about a butler (from early to mid 1900s).  His job was how he defined himself.  He had no clue how to relate to people in a personal way.  I wanted to slap him and scream.  Oh, look!  Anger is another strong emotion it provoked.  :)


Forty-ninth challenge finish of the year.

I have been dreading this prompt all year, as I'm not much of a fantasy genre fan.  One of this author's books was listed as a candidate for this prompt on the Goodreads community page.  I didn't find the one that was mentioned available at my library, but I found this one, In Calabria.  It was a quick read at under 200 pages.  

This modern-day fable was about a farmer who's property is visited by a unicorn.  It was a sweet story about the farmer and his animals and neighbors.  I'm still multitasking, so listened to the audiobook.  I have to say that the narration of this one was delightful.  

Fiftieth challenge finish of the year.

The Armand Gamache series of mysteries isn't necessarily a favorite, but they are reliably sure of including a red herring; and the cast of characters are growing on me.  :)  

I feel like these last few prompts didn't excite me, so I put off reading books that would fill them.  

6 comments:

  1. Great progress on the prompts. I second that boredom is an emotion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I wasn't sure about it being an emotion, because happiness/sadness, etc seem like active emotions, and boredom seems repressed/inactive. I learn something new every day...now if I can just remember it! LOL

      Delete
  2. All of those sound interesting! I am reading Good Morning Monster, and I'm going to review A Far Flung Life for book club next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just went and looked on Amazon to see topic of Good Morning Monster, and it's available to borrow through Kindle Unlimited. Sounds interesting! I think I've mentioned I am wanting to read A Far Flung Life, so will be interested to know what you thought.

      Delete
  3. Amanda! Somehow your comment wouldn't publish to the blog! I read what you thought of Ishiguro, and I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS: Thanks for good wishes on the bank situation. No decisions from bank as of yet.

      Delete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails