background

Sunday, December 31, 2023

Books read in 2023...

 

Twenty twenty-three was not a banner year for my reading.  I've had a hard time since retirement with time management...getting a layout to my days that keep me productive.  Way too much time spent mindlessly on phone apps.

The images above are the 23 books that I read this year.  When I do make time to read, I am not concentrating.  About eight of the books pictured above were not really to my liking, so I would let them lie for several days or a week without picking them back up.  

I remember when a former co-worker announced that she would no longer continue reading books that she didn't enjoy, she would just stop reading them, because life was too short to read bad books.  I think she was about my current age when she decided that, and I'm about ready to follow her example.

One thing I did this year was read the Bible through chronologically (by order in which the recorded events occurred).  I had planned to read the One Year Bible again as I have done several times before.  Then a friend mentioned in late 2022 that her cousin was just finishing up reading the Bible chronologically.  I found a reading plan on line, and we discussed it a bit.  Then, thankfully, my friend agreed to commit to also do the daily readings.  We both say we wouldn't have kept at it without the other.  It seemed very difficult for some reason.  I'm glad to have done it, but I'm also glad to have it done.


3 comments:

  1. I, too, am having a tough time finding a slot for reading in my days in retirement. I spend a lot of time reading blogs, surfing You Tube and the Internet in general and I really need to put time management on the top of my resolutions list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you figure out the secret, please let me know! :)

      Delete
  2. This is the most number of books we’ve ever read in common! That surprised me. I’d love to know which ones you had to make yourself finish.

    ReplyDelete

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails