background

Saturday, September 10, 2022

There's an app for that...

 Rudy has had an irritated tummy.  Don't ask me how we figured out why.  

Carey somehow narrowed down the culprit and spent time cutting back plants from hanging over the fence and dropping their fruit where Rudy can get to them and eat them.  He also has gone over the back yard with a fine tooth comb to remove any of the fruit that could be found.

I tried looking online to figure out what they were and if they were toxic, and didn't have a lot of luck.  Then I remembered hearing about apps that you can upload a plant photo and get an instant answer.  A quick search and download, and I had success.

Diospyros texana...Texas persimmon.  Not toxic per se, but the seeds can cause problems for dogs.  The fruit these bear on our property are about the size of a very large grape, but the seeds are quite a bit bigger than a grape seed and there are three per fruit.

The app I installed on my android phone is called LeafSnap.  I don't see myself needing this app often, but it was handy today, so I will probably keep it for any future needs.  I won't buy the paid version, since I don't see an ad in a once-in-a-while use being a big inconvenience to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have had a lot of really gross spam comments left lately, so I am having to turn comment moderation back on. To my nice blog friends, my apologies if this makes it more difficult for you to comment. To the mean naughty-talk spammers, just go away!

Related Posts with Thumbnails